Custom image

Places

Places of Interest

Mahakaleshwar (Bilavli)

Bilavali village is situated on A. B. road about 3 Km north of Dewas. There is a temple of Lord Shiva called Mahakaleshwar. The Shivling has an unique feature that it is increasing in size every year. A fair is organized every year on the occasion of Maha Shivratriya.

Sri Kela Devi

Kela Devi temple is the biggest one in M.P. Originally the Kela Devi temple is situated in Karoli at Rajasthan. At Dewas Kela devi temple is situated at Mishri Lal Nagar ( Agra Bombay Road ). Its white marble gate is one of the attractive part of the temple which is built by South Indian artists. Every year during Chaitra Navaratri a big Mela (exhibition) is held which is also a part of attraction for all the disciples.

Siddheshwar Mahadev (Nemavar)

On the bank of river Narmada consists of a Shrine, Sabha-Mandapa and porch. Spire one shrine adorned with cluster of miniature Shikaras. Paramedical roof over mandapa and the porch probably added to or repaired later. Built in the time of the Parmaras of Malwa.

Girijesher Temple

In the year 1942 the Dewas Ruler Shrimant Sadashive Rao Maharaja (Khase Saheb) was the founder of Girijesher Temple . The approachable road of this temple is built after cutting the hills at that time. A numbers of great Hindu religious personalities "Sant and Mahatmas" were stay here time to time and preach the people of Dewas.

Dharaji

Dharaji is a place of religious, historic and of tourist interest. Which is located on the bank of Narmada, situated in the Dharaji village of Bagli tehsil. Narmada creates a beautiful waterfall here. Lacks of people gather here two times a year on Amawasya , with a faith in their mind that this place has mystical power to relieve a person from Evil powers. The pindies of lord Shiva (Shivlings) are found hear are considered so pious that it does not require 'Pran Pratishtha' before installing in a worship place.

Yogendra sri 108 Sheelnath Maharaj

Literally speaking Dewas before as a industrial region to be known it is in fact the holy place. Where the divine personalities exposed their radiations. Sheelnath Maharaj is one of the beam of the Divine Light. He was belonging to a royal family of Jaipur, but form very early period of life were not interested in worldly materialistic affairs, so turned towards Yogies & then at Sultanpur of district Hansi at Punjab he felt well with the community of Gorakh Sinddha Sumpradaya. In 1839 he got diksha from Ilachy Nath Maharaj belonging to the same community then for next continuous 36 years he was in `Yog Sadhana'. Once a while he was passing from the forest region of Dewas, the very natural environment & the peaceful situations mate the yogi according to his favorable existence & so he started living in Dewas. The Judge Balwant Rao Bapu invited him to stay at Ranibag & afterwards the present State authority Malhar Rao Pawar (Choti Pati) influenced by his divine grace & then dedicatedly provided some facilities. In 1921 he left his physical body during this long period of staying at Dewas many people have got his Ashirwad & inspiration towards the real path of life, the few of them are like Balkdasji Maharaj, Rajjabli Kha Sahab & Pt. Kumar Gandharva.

Sri Manibhadra Veer Temple

In Matmor village of tehsil Bagli, which is situated in Dewas district locates the holy Jain pilgrimage Shivpur, better known as Shri Manibhadra Veer Shvetamber Jain meditation and devotion centre. At this place a chariot shaped temple was installed and inaugurated on 19-5-91 in the presence of thousands of devotees under the divine guidance of Shri Veer Ratna Vijayji Maharaj Sab. At this pilgrimage there are various amenities available to pilgrims and devotees like library, Old age centre, pantry, residence for Jain teachers, retiring rooms for pilgrims, manuscripts of old poetry, astrological healing methods of tantra, yantra & mantra in form of manuscripts etc. The pilgrimage is situated in fantastic natural environment and provides free food to pilgrims. Here the pilgrims can listen to the sermons of Shri Veer Ratna Vijayji Maharaj Sab.

Gurudwara

This gurudwara is situated on A.B. Road near bus stand.

Grace Church

The Grace church is an ancient church of Dewas. It was built in 15 April 1928, by the efforts of professor J. W. Johary, who prepared the blue prints and look after it. One of the late rulers his highness the Maharaja Mallhar Rao Panwar gave the Christians land and the money to build their own place of worship and subsequently this small beautiful church is the living proof of the generosity of the late Ruler. Rev. G. William (1917 to 1938) was first ordained Minister of the Grace church congregation.

Khivni Sanctuary

Khivni Sanctuary is established in the year 1955. The area of reserved forest is 115.320 sq. km. and of protected forest is 16.678 sq.km and total forest area is 132.778 sq.km. There are around 1 Lion, 8 Leopards, 70 Sambhar, 275 Cheetal, 163 Neelgay, 45 Chinkara and 75 Bhendki according to 1999 census.

Kitty Fall

Kitty is a beautiful picnic spot 7-8 km away from village Bizwara. Here river Narmada divides in seven streams, between these streams there is dense forest, after some distance all these streams come together to form single stream. There is a Fategarh Fort, 8 to 9 km away from Kitty, which was built by Shershah Suri. There is a Forest Rest House to stay, the visitors may contact for reservation to District Forest Officer, Dewas.

Kavadia Hills

These hills are made of lakhs of stone pillars which are of various shapes i.e. triangular, rectangular, pentagonal, hexagonal etc. There are seven hills of the same type. It appear that these stones are man made, because they appear to be minutely carved by human being, but in reality it is a creation of Volcano irruption. It may be vary well considered as eighth wonder of the World. On striking these stone pillars sounds like a metal pillars. According to the Hindu mythology, it is considered that during Mahabharat period these structures were created by the "Greate Bheem" to check the way of river Narmada to fulfill a vow with in a day, but Bheem could not do it and since then these stones pillars are lying there. It is about 10 km from Bagli H.Q. near Dharaji.

Pawar Chatteries

The Chattries of Dewas impress us with its massive, powerful presence of Maratha architecture near the Meetha talab looks very attractive. These Chattries are indeed a statement of Pawar kings. What is more, the artifice, variety, esoleric and antique elusion in the place do suggest a successful baroque attempt to boost royal and civic pride.The faced of Chateries influences us overwhelmingly with its massive, powerful presence, while inside we are transported into a decorative world of muted extravagance and fantasy. The overbearing impression, as we leave Chattries, is of a gentle phenomenal with a serve, rather forbidding external presence, concealing a jubilant, ever-playful heart within.

Gidya Khoh

Gidya Khoh is a beautiful combination of man and nature. It is situated on Indore-Nemawar road and 9 Km away from Double Chowki. There is a spectacular waterfall surrounded by an attractive green valley. From the top of the hill, 600 feet smoky fluent flow of water is just recall the memory of Bharaghat of Jabalpur. A number of tourists come here in the rainy season for enjoying natural beauty, which is free from pollution.

Khudel Devta

Malwa region is full of natural beauty and historical places. It is colorful, cultural and environment always attracted the scholar, historian and tourists.The villages and natural places of Dewas is making a way for peaceful forest journey. There is an ancient place in tribal area, known as Khudel Devta. On every Poornima (Full moon) and Amawasya (Lunar Conjunction) the tribes gather here to pay homage to the idols of Khudel Devta and to enjoy fall.